The list of different technology tools that all
future teachers should learn reiterates the fact that learning technology and
incorporating it into our pedagogy is no longer an option; it is becoming more
and more dominant each and everyday. It was enjoyable how it was broken down
into different categories that the tools can be utilized for. For example, some
tools are good for "Useful Tools". Others, are good for "Lesson
Planning" etc... However, when I saw the one about "Social Learning"
questions began to come to my mind. How could one use technology for social
networking?
I think that this is when technology is used too
much. I do not feel that social skills can be obtained through technology. I
know that there is now Skype and other forms of communication devices where one
can communicate to others and see them at the same time. However, I do not
think that good social skills can be obtained this way. It may be okay for
older students, however, for younger students, this may not be a good technique
to use.
Also, what about obesity? A lot of children are already obese. With
technology being a part of everyday schooling, it increases students’ time of
sitting down in front of computer or other technology devices. They no longer
will get time to walk, run, play etc... Instead of going to a basketball court,
children will merely play the basketball game on a game device or computer.
Technology is a great device, however, it also has it's flaws. Therefore, it
needs to be used modestly. We do not want to become too dependent on
technology.
I also read an article talking about a
change in schooling in Texas, and how everything I becoming committed to
technology and the usage of computers. It is said that this will soon be
implemented across the world. However, the question still comes to mind, “Are
we ready for this?”. What do you guys think? Do you feel that the good
outweighs the bad?
Lastly, wouldn’t making school more about
and more dedicated to technology decrease the amount of teachers needed? Wouldn’t
this be putting millions, including us, out of jobs?
No comments:
Post a Comment